THE ULTIMATE GUIDE TO DENTAL IMPLANTS IN METAIRIE, LA
Dentists consider dental implants the gold standard in tooth replacement for several reasons. First, this innovative treatment restores your smile and dental health; today, we’re providing you with the ultimate guide to dental implants so you can learn all the facts you need to know to make the best decision for your smile.
WHAT IS A DENTAL IMPLANT?
The first step in deciding if dental implants are right for your smile is to learn what they are and how they work. A dental implant comprises three essential parts that combine and work together to create the closest thing to your natural tooth.
- The implant: Our dentists carefully place the implant into your jawbone, which integrates over time with your bone through osseointegration. This allows the implant to become part of your dental anatomy, like your root, so it can successfully support your tooth and keep your bone healthy and stimulated.
- The abutment: This device attaches the implant to its restoration.
- The restoration: Our dentists will use a crown for a single tooth replacement or a bridge or denture to replace multiple teeth.
WHAT IS THE PROCESS FOR COMPLETING A DENTAL IMPLANT?
At Oak Family Dental, we’re proud to offer comprehensive implant dentistry to patients in Metairie. This means that you can complete the entire process from start to finish at our dental office without having to see a specialist for your care.
Here’s how the process works:
- Implant consultation: If you’re considering tooth replacement, our dentists will meet with you to discuss your options. They’ll want to ensure that you have enough healthy bones to support the dental implant correctly and that you’re in good overall health. This ensures that your implant procedure is successful.
- Placement surgery: Our dentists place your implant during a simple surgical procedure that we do here in our Metairie dental office. Most patients don’t experience much discomfort with the procedure since we’re dealing with bone that doesn’t have any nerves.
- Healing time: Osseointegration, where your bone fuses to your implant, typically takes around three to six months to complete. Our dentists will monitor your recovery and progress during this time.
- Restoration placement: Our dentists design and securely place your final restoration.
Now you’re ready to enjoy food, smiling, and talking comfortably with your new tooth!
THE ADVANTAGES OF DENTAL IMPLANTS IN METAIRIE
Dental implants offer quite a few benefits for patients that other tooth replacement options can’t, such as:
- The appearance, feel, and function of a natural tooth.
- Protection for your jawbone against the deterioration that occurs with tooth loss.
- A 95 percent success rate.
- Excellent longevity with the potential to last a lifetime.
- The ease of brushing and flossing as you normally would.
- A cost-effective, long-term option over other prosthetics that would need replacement over time.
CONTACT YOUR TEAM AT OAK FAMILY DENTAL
If you’d like to learn more about dental implants or other solutions for your smile, book an evaluation with our dentists online or call us at (504) 834-6410 to speak with a team member.
Related Services: Dental Implants